Volunteers give one of the greatest gifts — their time. Opportunities range from supporting patients and families at SCCA, serving on a Fred Hutch guild or event planning committee, helping at fundraising events, sending thank you notes to supporters, and much more.
Patients and Families
Offer practical and social support for Seattle Cancer Care Alliance patients, families and caregivers. Visit www.sccavolunteer.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on service descriptions, upcoming orientation dates, and instructions for submitting a volunteer application.
Are you a high school student or undergraduate looking to get real world lab experience? Discover all of the available opportunities by visiting http://www.fhcrc.org/internships.
Would you like to share your skills to help fundraise for research? See below for specific opportunities.
- Serve on the President’s Circle or Innovators Network councils
- Join a guild or event planning committee
- Volunteer at a fundraising event
- Organize your own fundraising event
- Create a webpage in honor or memory of a loved one
- Hand write memorial and honor cards or personal thank you notes to Hutchinson Center supporters
If you are interested in these volunteer opportunities, follow the links above or complete our Volunteer Form.
The Community Relations and Community Outreach program at Fred Hutch offers educational programs for various audiences throughout the calendar year, held both at Fred Hutch and other locations. Volunteer opportunities are available for these events, and might include:
- Greeting guests as they arrive
- Helping guests find the right room at the venue
- Staffing the catering table
- Being a friendly, engaged representative who can help us raise awareness of Fred Hutch’s lifesaving research and the importance of private support
Knowledge of Fred Hutch is helpful. If you are interested in these opportunities, contact Jeremy Webb at email@example.com or 206.667.4211.
Healthy volunteers are critical to research to prevent and detect cancer and other diseases. Volunteer to alter your diet, increase exercise or try other innovative prevention strategies. View current studies »
Spreading the word about the Hutchinson Center to family, friends and colleagues helps to educate potential supporters about the lifesaving research conducted at Fred Hutch.
- Request a personal campus tour with a group of family, friends, or colleagues led by a Development staff member
- Forward Hutchinson Center information (including e-newsletters, interesting media, fundraising event invitations) to your personal and professional networks
- Add a Hutchinson Center profile to your “friends” or “favorites” on social networking sites.
For more information about these volunteer opportunities, contact: